Friday, June 27, 2008

Wot's it been up to, Precious?

Well...here's what's new!
With summer all around and not much pressing freelance-wise I am finally free to go an ink the next 5-pages of Alfonse and Domingo...so I did! I couldn't do it at home, though...I find it extremely difficult to muster up the motivation and willpower to do work when there's absolutely no pressure, sitting at home completely alone all day. SO, I've been accompanying my mom to her arts-and-crafts gig at the local elementary school summer camp and sitting in the corner with my nibs and pages, leeching off the energy and getting some actual-factual work done.
It's been good to get warmed up on these, and I think after this time, I'm quite ready to get some more story cranked out!





Bear in mind that this is all inked for color and yes, I know, I'm no letterer. But now the plot is begun! (also: the big rectangle in the last page will be the title and credits..."Alfonse and Domingo: Market Day" "Story & Art by Nicholas Kole"...that sort of thing)
Anyways, it's on to the next one! (well, fine, sleep first)
I hope y'all enjoy it!
Cheers!
-Nick

3 comments:

cecil said...

i like the lettering because its by hand. one thing i cannot stand in comics is typed lettering and sound effects. it bugs me when all the letters on a page look exactly the same.

ninjabird said...

Lovely line art! I was really cheering for Alphonse to go and buy her one of the vegetables she was originally after instead of a useless necklace. He's totally got a shot at it at the top of page seven, and it's way cheaper than bringing down a pirate king.

If you haven't read Scott Lynch's The Lies of Locke Lamora or it's sequel and you've got some time, go for it-- they're fantastic world building, and some really great street/market scenes. Can't wait to see the color on these pages, or how you deal with crowds in the background in some panels.

poetsforpeanuts said...

This is very nice! I don't know much about paneling, but as an author I really love the development of the story so far. The pacing seems to be well done, and the dialogue is very realistic.

My favorite part was when she hugged him -- she seems super sweet, I already like her! And Alfonse is a cutie. ;)

Can't wait to read more!