Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Piper's Pet! For Serious! Finally!

Well...
So, there was a little problem.
You see, a few weeks back my comic for Myspace Dark Horse Presents, Piper's Pet, went live on their site. There was some sort of hiccup in the server, however, and the colors of the entire issue wound up too-green and lemony on some monitors, and completely inverted/yellow-explosion on others. Most viewers seem to have been treated to the yellow explosion variant. 
I did, however, get permission from my lovely employers to post the 2 whole pages of it on my blog and deviantart, so that I can share it with the world! (well, you guys at least :D). So, without further ado, Piper:






I hope it's been worth it :D I was really excited to do it, and I am still very pleased with the outcome. It was a very satisfying way to put a cap on my senior year at RISD. It's not a huge epic, but hopefully it touches someone out there, and hopefully some of you who were so supportive to begin with (and were rewarded for your kindness with the electric boogaloo version) will be glad to see the thing as-intended. Colors will now vary only according to your monitor. 
Myspace Dark Horse Presents is a great publication, and you can visit them here for more updates by other (more talented) artists. And if you really like this, it will be printed in a future issue of the MDHP Anthology. I keep you posted! 
I hope you are well and that you are thoroughly enjoying your summer. 
Enjoy and God bless you! 

-Nick

12 comments:

Alex Moore said...

god, that blows that they fubar'ed the colors on this since here they're looking down right delicious. the combination of the rich, warm pallet and painterly strokes really amp the whimsical nature of the story. seriously, words can't encompass the massive case of warm and fuzzies this gave me.

can't wait to see what you come out with next!

Marcelo Baez said...

I just read this on Myspace! Loved it! great work! MORE MORE!

allicoate said...

I love this! It is beautifully done, and totally made me smile this morning. Thanks for sharing.

andrei-dorian.photo said...

dreamy mood, excelent work.
i love it

villa said...

Woow! Amazing work!!

Jess said...

Haven't seen this bad boy since the senior show.
Happy that they let you post it on here. Great work homie.

baby sister said...

I think I've seen this before...maybe when we visited you at school?

Anyway, on a totally different note, do you remember that house we stopped at in our town of Romeo that had the Emu Eggs for art projects for sale? You decided to pass on it and I really wished I had purchased a few and every time I passed by that house, I wanted to stop - however, if you remember, there was a strong cat-piss smell to the place.

Anyway, drove by it this week and it's all boarded up - along with 4 other houses in a row. Wonder what they are going to be doing with that property...no one is building here at the moment (financial crisis).

And about 3 weeks ago, while Jerome and I were driving to work, we could have sworn that there were Emus pecking away at some farmers field...

...could have happened.

Michael Regina said...

It's pretty much the best thing ever.

Chelsea Stebar said...

Your art and stories just make me so happy inside. You have a rare gift, my friend. Keep it up.

adriprints said...

Love it! It's super-cute-tastic. Beautiful textures.

Anonymous said...

That made me smile :) Very sweet.

now the art is always awesome :D

Ashley MacLure said...

Pretty GREAT.